Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Today Of All Days I Wish I Lived In Camelot

Of course, most days I wish I lived in Camelot, but today especially.

Why? Because in Camelot "the winter is forbidden till December, and exits March the 2nd on the dot."

Alas, I don't live Camelot. I live in New Jersey, and in New Jersey it's still cold, cold winter. Not as cold as it has been. Most of the monstrous snow has melted, but the wind has picked up with a vengence. In like a lion as they say. Boff.

Anyway, I can't be too disappointed because it gives me an excuse to watch this. I love the movie version of Camelot, and this is one of my favorite scenes. Everything about it is so beautiful, especially the ethereal Vanessa Redgrave as Guinevere and Richard Harris, the Once and Future King Arthur. True, it's a little odd that they chose to set the scene in winter considering the song lyrics, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It looks so magical. And you can't throw snowballs at the meddlesome guards without snow, so there you go.

Happy March!

No comments:

Post a Comment