Wednesday, October 13, 2010

In Which the Blogger Rejoices


"And now for the last brook, and to be a Queen. How grand it sounds." -(Alice) Through the Looking-Glass

I have good news, pickles. I've been published. After 23 years of working, wishing, and waiting, it's finally happened. My short story, "Slut" has been published by a brand new magazine called Dark Moon Digest. I received my copies yesterday and they look wonderful. It's surreal and overwhelming to see my work finally in print, but above all, it's amazing. I'm so grateful and happy.

And now for some shameless self-promotion...the issue is available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble's website. I highy recommend checking it out. After all, I can vouch for the author.

Amazon: (I'm partial to Amazon because they include a cover image and an editorial review, but I want to support Barnes and Noble too).
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Moon-Digest-Issue-Number/dp/0978792564/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1287026710&sr=1-1

Barnes and Noble:
http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=dark+moon+digest

I don't quite believe it yet, but I'm still so happy. And more than a little terrified.

I'm also happy to be able to report this on the same night as the successful rescue of Chile's 33 trapped miners. Wonderful, wonderful news.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! This is Nicholas Conley, the writer of "The Skunk Ape," which is also published in the same issue of Dark Moon Digest, haha. I just got my copy today and after reading "Slut" I wanted to go ahead and send the author a message saying that it was an incredibly chilling story, one that had me on edge from beginning to end. So yeah - that was some fantastic writing, keep it up.

    -Nicholas

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Nicholas

    Thank you! It's so nice to hear from a fellow Dark Moon Digester. I'm glad you liked "Slut." I enjoyed "The Skunk Ape" as well. It was like a nightmare come to life. I'll definitely never look at orangutans the same way again. It's a pleasure to be in such good company my first time out. Thanks again.

    -Hayley

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete